[CentOS] full image backup

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 13:57:43 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 6:22 AM, Hossein Lanjanian
<hossein.lanjanian at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi every body
> I am a new centos user.
> I installed centos 6 on my laptop and add some software to it.
> How can I create a full image (boot able) back up of it. ( some thing like
> windows full image backup).
> please help!

'Clonezilla-live' is a bootable image that will do a menu-driven image
copy to another disk or network storage. It will do a single disk at a
time (no raid), or you can manually pick partitions.   It knows enough
about most filesystems to skip the unused portions.
'Relax-and-Recover' (ReaR) has a slightly different approach.  It will
create a bootable image including scripts to reconstruct your
filesystem layout (including multiple disks, lvm, raid, etc.), and
then restore a tar-type backup onto it.  The actual backup part has
several options included, or you can stop after the filesystem is
ready and do your own restore.

   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com