[CentOS] Network issue - Windows works but CentOS does not

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Wed Oct 31 00:22:10 UTC 2012

On 10/29/2012 01:47 AM, xrx wrote:
> I finally solved it; although a mystery remains.

Linux, apparently, does not currently support 802.1Q priority tags by
default.  A patch was suggested to add such support, but I can't tell
from the following thread whether it made it to general release, or when
it did if so.

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/163762

For now, I expect that you'd need to manually configure a "0" VLAN on
interfaces attached to networks where priority tagged packets are used.
  If that patch was accepted, it may be sufficient to simply load the
8021q kernel module.