[CentOS] Samsung Galaxy 3 and Centos

Tue Oct 2 22:29:24 UTC 2012
Frank Cox <theatre at melvilletheatre.com>

My cell phone provider just sent me a letter stating that my 3 year contract is
up and they will give me a Samsung Galaxy 3 if I will sign a new contract.

I'm wondering how well (or if) that phone will work with Centos 6.   My
existing Samsung phone (can't remember the model number) doesn't integrate well
or at all with Centos; whenever I plug it into the computer it finds the phone
but apparently can't actually communicate with it so I can't transfer data back
and forth without having to remove the memory card from the phone and copy
information directly to and from that.  Which is a nuisance.