[CentOS] s3 as mysql directory

Mon Oct 1 18:52:35 UTC 2012
Tim Dunphy <bluethundr at gmail.com>

> What a wild idea! :-)
> I don't think it will work; S3 is not really a filesystem afaik.

Hey, well thanks for the compliment! Thing is once you mount your s3 bucket
to your local file system via fuse and the s3fs app, your S3 bucket will
ACT like a local filesystem in every way. If you read the link that I
included in the OP you'll see that the guy uses it as his backup
filesystem. The only complaint is that it can be a tad slow to do things
this way. Now there are clever ways around this and speed things up. So
addressing the speed issue, my question to the list is there any reason it
won't work to use a locally mounted S3 bucket as your mysql data dir?
Considering that s3fs makes your bucket act like a regular volume.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Tim