[CentOS] Mount options for NFS

Tue Oct 9 12:16:46 UTC 2012
lhecking at users.sourceforge.net <lhecking at users.sourceforge.net>

 We're experiencing problems with some legacy software when it comes to NFS
 access. Even though files are visible in a terminal and can be accessed with
 standard shell tools and vi, this software typically complains that the files
 are empty or not syntactically correct.

 The NFS filesystems in question are 8TB+ XFS filesystems mounted with
 "delaylog,inode64,logbsize=32k,logdev=/dev/sda2,nobarrier,quota" options,
 and I suspect that inode64 may have to do with the observed behaviour. The
 server is running CentOS 6.3 + all patches.

 The clients exhibiting the problem are running CentOS 5.4 and CentOS 5.8
 x84_64. Interesting enough, the application (which is available in 32-bit
 only) appears to work fine on RHEL3 32-bit; we have no CentOS5 32-bit
 systems to test.

 I was wondering if anyone has seen such behaviour and whether it can be
 corrected using nfs mount options. The only other solution I have at the
 moment is reformatting to ext4, i.e. ugly.