[CentOS] escd daemon

Thu Oct 11 13:03:26 UTC 2012
Helmut Drodofsky <drodofsky at internet-xs.de>

Sorry, I had searched linux esc with the result:
Definition: ESCD: Extended System Configuration Data (BIOS, PNP)=-O

I have never used smart cards and I will not handle smart cards.

Can I erase it? yum search mentions this package. So I would prefer

yum erase esc

But: I will login in the future too ! Is this package mandatory for
CentOS 6?

Best regards
Helmut

Viele Grüße