[CentOS] migrating from Centos 5.8 -> 6.3 LDAP Client Config

Fri Oct 12 12:28:10 UTC 2012
Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator <goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de>

Dear Benjamin,

Am 08.10.12 11:13, schrieb Benjamin Hackl:
> Dear Goetz,
>
> On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 10:22:16 +0200
> Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator <goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de> wrote:
>
>> May be someone can point me to a good how to or has some
>> hints/suggetions?
>
> nslcd provides this service for you. (pkg: nss-pam-ldapd)
>
> /etc/nslcd.conf
>
> And /etc/pam_ldap.conf (pkg: pam_ldap)
>
> Make sure that nslcd is running when starting samba.

Thanks. Can you tell me why not to use the SSSD? Im not yet familiar
with it, but found some postings in the web and will try to understand it.

Or is 'nlscd' just the old school way and SSSD the new one?

	cheers . Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Thomas Schadt