[CentOS] Multimedia Workstation using Centos 6.3

Mon Oct 15 21:11:39 UTC 2012
Nux! <nux at li.nux.ro>

On 15.10.2012 18:56, Lamar Owen wrote:
> IMO, ideal
> would be something akin to the Fedora 'Jam' spin, but backported to
> EL6.
>
> I've run PlanetCCRMA stuff before, and Fernando does a great job, but
> they're
> not EL6 as yet.  It may be that the Fedora *12* or *13* CCRMA
> packages (and
> there are things only CCRMA packages) will install cleanly; or
> perhaps the
> source RPM might rebuild cleanly enough to work on EL6.
>
> The biggest issue with an EL6 for multimedia is simply keeping up
> with the
> dependencies, since many of the really good multimedia tools have
> really
> specific requirements (look at Ardour3 for something of that nature)
> that may
> be too new to build easily on EL6.

Lamar,

I have a lot of multimedia stuff in my repo
http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop/ and I'm willing to put some effort
into backporting from Fedora or create new packages with a multimedia
focus, time and other resources permit.
Btw, Ardour3 seems doable.
If you can come up with a proper list of what's missing, I can look
into it.

Nux!
www.nux.ro