[CentOS] setting up postfix

Tue Oct 16 17:19:09 UTC 2012
Larry Martell <larry.martell at gmail.com>

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Benjamin Hackl <b.hackl at focusmr.com> wrote:
> Does your postfix send emails directly or do you use a smarthost for
> relaying? I'm asking because you're using a 10.x.y.z network
> which means you use NAT for outgoing connections when delivering mails
> directly to the destination server. Bad idea. Worse if the destination
> server does some sanity checks (like spf or reverse checking of your
> ip/dns etc).

I really don't know the answer to that question. The scenario is that
they run a django based web app, and they wanted me to add a password
recovery feature to it. When I did that, and it tried to send the
recovery link to the user, it failed with 'SMTPServerDisconnected.' I
thought, of course, there is no SMTP server running, so I set upon
getting postfix running. As I said in my initial post, I've never done
that before. I'm a developer, not an admin ;-)