[CentOS] Doing a Centos mirror only via http

Fri Oct 19 20:44:28 UTC 2012
C. L. Martinez <carlopmart at gmail.com>

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 7:03 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 10/19/12 11:38 AM, C. L. Martinez wrote:
>> Ok, I am trying to use lftp but I receive a lot of messages like this:
>>
>> x86_64: Getting files information (22%) [Waiting for response...]
>>
>> or
>>
>> "Delaying before reconnect"
>>
>>   .. and after 8 hours, lftp had synced 4GiB ... very very very slowly
>> ... My Internet connection is not the problem ( I can download DVD iso
>> images really fast) and the source server neither ( I have tried to
>> download CentOS 6.3 x86_64 iso image and the download was really fast)
>>
>> Where can it be the problem??
> I suspect its that there's many little files, and while your connection
> may have a fast streaming speed, it could have a high latency?

This can be the problem ... I am using a DSL line ...

> the 'getting files information' part is basically doing a 'dir' over ftp.
>
> try using lftp to get the .iso file and see how fast that runs, it
> should be as fast as anything else.

You are right .... downloading .iso file, lftp is faster ... then,
exists some tool like rsync to use use http service?? Or only lftp and
reposync are the options to setup a CentOS mirror via http??