[CentOS] Export/Import wild card SSL

Wed Oct 24 15:41:25 UTC 2012
John Doe <jdmls at yahoo.com>

From: aurfalien <aurfalien at gmail.com>

> I have a wild card SSL installed on one of my CentOS boxes.
> As I understand it, this server was used as a sort of master when originally
> generating and receiving the wild card SSL cert (got the cert from GoDaddy
> BTW).
> So, now I must export some file(s) from that server so that I can import
> it/them to another server.

Copy the files to something like /etc/ssl/certs/ and configure apache.
Use something like:

<VirtualHost aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:443>
  DocumentRoot /X/Y/Z
  ServerName abc.yourdomain.com
  SSLEngine on
  SSLCertificateFile /etc/ssl/certs/wildcard.yourdomain.com.crt
  SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/certs/wildcard.yourdomain.com.key
  SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/ssl/certs/wildcard.yourdomain.com.ca-bundle
< /VirtualHost>

The .crt is the certificate returned by the registrar.
The .key is the key you created and used to generate the certificate request.
The .ca-bundle is the registrar root and intermediate certificates.