[CentOS] full image backup

Tue Oct 30 13:57:43 UTC 2012
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 6:22 AM, Hossein Lanjanian
<hossein.lanjanian at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi every body
> I am a new centos user.
> I installed centos 6 on my laptop and add some software to it.
> How can I create a full image (boot able) back up of it. ( some thing like
> windows full image backup).
> please help!

'Clonezilla-live' is a bootable image that will do a menu-driven image
copy to another disk or network storage. It will do a single disk at a
time (no raid), or you can manually pick partitions.   It knows enough
about most filesystems to skip the unused portions.
'Relax-and-Recover' (ReaR) has a slightly different approach.  It will
create a bootable image including scripts to reconstruct your
filesystem layout (including multiple disks, lvm, raid, etc.), and
then restore a tar-type backup onto it.  The actual backup part has
several options included, or you can stop after the filesystem is
ready and do your own restore.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com