[CentOS] full image backup

Tue Oct 30 14:58:48 UTC 2012
Phil Dobbin <bukowskiscat at gmail.com>

Mike Burger wrote:
>> Hi every body
>> I am a new centos user.
>> I installed centos 6 on my laptop and add some software to it.
>> How can I create a full image (boot able) back up of it. ( some thing like
>> windows full image backup).
>> please help!
>
> Mondo Rescue! http://www.mondorescue.org/

I'll second that! I use mondo for all my Linux distros although mondo's
author is working on the problems that have been presented by Fedora
17's new filesystem layout & at present, the fix ain't in yet.

Works flawlessly for me though & is especially smooth on CentOS (no
need, I've found, to even alter any parameters in mindi.conf which were
required on Ubuntu).

The mondo mailing list is friendly & helpful too.

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.8 & 6.3, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy, OS X Snow