[CentOS] update on: Centos email server suddenly much slower. What to do?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Fri Sep 7 09:09:09 UTC 2012

On Thu, September 6, 2012 7:14 pm, Marco Fioretti wrote:
> Greetings,
> I run my own email server for some domains I administer, on a centos
> vps server with a very small number of users.
>
> The only services are smtp, imap/pop, webmail
>
> Everything was running without problems until this morning. I left
> home for 1/2 hours, and when I came back everything had become about
> 100x slower (seriously!).

this morning everything is back to normal (for now at least, strongly
crossing my fingers!), as misteriously as it had frozen yesterday. I am
able to write from my main email address just because of that.

If anything, I am even more puzzled than I was yesterday.

I do have the feeling, after the exchange we had yesterday, that the DNS
servers my VPS provider told me to use had some problem now fixed, but
nothing more. Of course, the idea that I don't know for sure what happened
and it may happen again doesn't make me happy, but I honestly wouldn't
know what/where to investigate at this point. Further comments are
welcome.

Thanks to all who helped,
Marco