[CentOS] postfix mail server

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Sep 11 07:18:52 UTC 2012

On 09/10/12 11:57 PM, jiten jha wrote:
> I mean I have postfix server i want to merge all mail and users in mysql.

and we've gone ful circle, without you answering our questions or.

the word 'merge' usually means to combine many pieces into one, like to
combine a bunch of seperate files or folders into a single file.
previously you said 'shift or move', you need to tell us what you want
to move from where to where, precisely, before we have a clue what
you're talking about.

also, postfix is a mail transfer agent, it doesn't implement the user
reader side like IMAP or POP, it just transfers messages. another
package, such as dovecot or cyrus, is used as a client agent for reading
email via pop or imap protocols, and its in one of these packages that
the email folder format is normally defined.