[CentOS] django not picking up template change on CentOS

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Wed Sep 12 20:19:00 UTC 2012

On Wed, September 12, 2012 11:52, Larry Martell wrote:
 I've been trying to set the SELinux
> security context on that dir, just so it's like the others, but I
> haven't been able to figure out how to do that - I don't know what to
> pass to chcon.

Well, if SELinux is disabled or set to permissive then the file
contexts should not make any difference.  However, to reset the
contexts to their defaults without resorting /.autorelabel one can do
this:

# permanent fix
restorecon -Rv /path/to/start

You might have to add the -F flag as well.  I am not sure when this
becomes necessary but on occasion I have had to resort to it when
dealing with httpd selinux issues.

Canada  L8E 3C3