[CentOS] ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Fri Sep 14 16:06:35 UTC 2012

On Fri, September 14, 2012 5:32 pm, Scott Silva wrote:

> Could the server A have a firewall that had allow ranges for your
> original ip range? Or denyhosts... something like that

No, there are no such settings.

Answering to other questions:

> have you checked with your ADSL provider, to
> see if they're blocking ssh traffic?

no, because as I said in my original message, I **can** do ssh traffic. I
am doing it right now, on the other Centos server. It is only one of them
that became unreachable.

> Check the /var/log/secure log
> Check your tcp_wrapper configuration

of course I can't do it right now, exactly because... I can't connect to
the server. But I will pass along these and all other similar suggestions
to the VPS provider help desk, since they will surely save time, so thanks
for these and any other tips that may come!

Marco