[CentOS] flash plugin

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sun Sep 16 22:44:20 EDT 2012

I'm feeling stupid.  See below.

On Sun, 16 Sep 2012, Rob Townley wrote:

> $ rpm -qv firefox flash-plugin
> firefox-10.0.7-1.el6.centos.x86_64
> flash-plugin-

rpm -qv firefox flash-plugin
package flash-plugin is not installed

So much for all the times I've followed
links that told me it was already installed.

yum install flash-plugin
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
  * base: mirror.steadfast.net
  * extras: ftp.osuosl.org
  * rpmforge: mirror.hmc.edu
  * updates: yum.singlehop.com
Setting up Install Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package flash-plugin.i386 0: will be installed
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved
  Package          Arch     Version                   Repository            Size
  flash-plugin     i386      adobe-linux-i386     6.6 M

Transaction Summary
Install       1 Package(s)

Total download size: 6.6 M
Installed size: 18 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
flash-plugin-               | 6.6 MB     00:10
warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID f6777c67: NOKEY
Retrieving key from file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-adobe-linux
Importing GPG key 0xF6777C67:
  Userid : Adobe Systems Incorporated (Linux RPM Signing Key) <secure at adobe.com>
  Package: adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch (@/adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch)
  From   : /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-adobe-linux
Is this ok [y/N]:

How do I find out the answer?

Assuming I install it correctly this time, do I need to restart firefox?
I often have rather a lot of tabs open and there
doesn't seem to be any tidy way to save them.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily