[CentOS] directory /dev/disk/by-label

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon Sep 17 19:54:00 UTC 2012

Jerry Geis wrote:
> On 09/17/2012 02:21 PM, Jerry Geis wrote:
>>> Hmmm... you built it. I missed that. Here's a thought: when you built
>>> it, was it *running* on the cf card? If not, consider booting linux
rescue,
>>> chroot to the mounted filesystem, and rebuild initrfs, to make sure
>>> that the driver for the cf card is in the init.....

>> I dont have the external DVD with me at the moment.
>> Is there a way on the kVM image to say "include these modules"
>> with the "make install" command
>>
>> Perhaps an /etc/sysconfig/[some file here] that says include these
>> modules in hte ram disk?
>>
>> I think that might be it as the old 5.X has scsi modules loaded and the
>> KVM 6.X image does not have that....
>>
>> Jerry
> Mark and Yves
>
> hey I found and used the mkinitrd and just went ahead and told it what
> to use.... like --preload=scsi_mod --preload=sd_mod
> and I now I get it to boot.
>
> Fantastic!

Excellent. Yeah, that last email of yours was the clue, that it wasn't
seeing the card at all... and that would only happen if there was no
driver there.

When we upgrade systems using rsync, which I've done a lot of, our wiki
notes that if it's not the same hardware, boot to rescue, so the correct
drivers are loaded, the chroot, and the rebuild.

Good luck.

        mark