[CentOS] where should we go to know how to build Diskless X server running in 6.2?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 21:18:00 UTC 2012

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 1:24 PM, SilverTip257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I too would suggest PXE booting the Live CD (I've done it with other
> distros) - which brings me to the following questions regarding
> CentOS.
>
> RHEL write up [9] - also you might look at the Fedora docs below.
>

> *** To anyone else who may know: ***
>
> I found [0] and [7], but I'm curious if there is _any other method_.
If you haven't looked at drbl, it is mostly a collection of scripts
that set up the native tools in an assortment of ways.  It can boot
into one of the clonezilla-live isos as an alternative to the stock
(server native) mode or into the installer images for several
distributions.  I don't think the scripts accommodate generic live-cd
images, but it might not be too hard to add support.   I've always
thought it would be nice to PXE-boot straight into an NX client
without needing NFS mounts, but haven't needed it badly enough to set
something up.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com