[CentOS] High memory needs

Jérémie Dubois-Lacoste jeremie.dl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 18:21:21 UTC 2012

You may have misunderstood.
The detailed number I gave are obtained on distributions that
are not CentOS, and ok, it can makes sense between 32
and 64 bits.
But on CentOS 6.2, 64bits, I obtain:
SH:          103MB
PYTHON: 114MB
R:            200MB

This is from a freshly installed CentOS 6.2 machine, without
anything else. Thus the other components of our cluster are not
involved here. This machine has 16 cores.
This is MUCH more than other 64 bits distributions, as I wrote
the ratios are between 2 and 7.