[CentOS] rename network card device /dev/p3p2 to /dev/eth0

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Thu Sep 27 05:27:02 UTC 2012

Check for a typo where you got the 'et0', that's not a normal name (emX,
ethX, pXpY and wlanX are the usual).

As for a general comment/guide; make sure you've updated the
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-X files (note the DEVICE="..." and
HWADDR="..." lines).

Here's a general guide for renaming devices under EL6 (inc. CentOS 6.3,
which I rename NICs under often without trouble).

digimer