[CentOS] Apache : Listen on ports other than 80

adekunleadekoya at gmail.com

Fri Sep 28 19:06:07 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: adekunleadekoya at gmail.com
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 18:49:33
To: <CentOS at mailing.list>
Subject: Apache : Listen on ports other than 80

Hi,
I just install centos 6.3 on my oracle virtualbox. I tried 2 configure apache 2 listen on port say 1010 but after adding a 'Listen 1010' to the httpd.conf file and then try 2 restart d httpd service, I found that d service failed to start. If I remove the 'Listen 1010' line then d httpd service restarts successfully. What do I need to do so I could instruct d web server to use other ports (besides 80) ?

Are there default settings in centos that are causing this prob ? I have done same experiment successfully wit apache on windows. I need to setup virtualhost with my apache on centos. I need help now. Pls help!

Regards

Kunle