[CentOS] hi

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Sep 28 19:21:46 UTC 2012

Andrei Rolando León Salas wrote:
> Hello how are u, im having a little problem. i use the webmin to install
> automatly postfix, in the other server works, but in this now says.
>
> Error while checking current Postfix configuration. Please manually fix
> Postfix configuration.
>
> postfix: fatal: file /etc/postfix/main.cf: parameter mail_owner:
> unknown user name value: postfix
>
> Manually edit the Postfix configuration
> file.<https://mercadeoeficaz-cr.com:10000/postfix/edit_manual.cgi>
>
> i dont know what to do, can u help me please

You need to learn something about what you're doing.

For one, how did webmin install postfix? If from a tarball, then there's a
bunch of stuff to do. If, on the other hand, you'd done it the *right*
way, with a yum install, the scripts in the package would have created the
user and group postfix.

        mark