[CentOS] Prelink failure

Lars Hecking lhecking at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Sep 30 19:54:47 UTC 2012

> We were not able to resolve our issue and decided to disable prelink
> (there seems to be much differing opinions as to whether or not prelink
> is still required). If you decide to disable prelink then Dag Wieers
> has instructions on his web site on how to do this:

 Hugh, I found out what caused the problem and worked around it.

 I remembered a recent posting to the networker mailing list where certain
 system tools stopped working correctly since the networker libraries were
 in the library search path; networker is what sets this machine apart from
 the other CentOS6 machines.

 Using trial and error, and file listings for the networker rpms, I narrowed
 the problem down and was able to avoid it by adding

# cd /etc/prelink.conf.d
# cat networker.conf
-b /usr/lib/nsr
#