[CentOS] Prelink failure

Fri Sep 28 12:30:10 UTC 2012
Lars Hecking <lhecking at users.sourceforge.net>

 I have a number of CentOS6 machines, and on one of them, the daily prelink
 cron job aborts. Any ideas what to look for?

/etc/cron.daily/prelink:

/etc/cron.daily/prelink: line 47:  9381 Aborted                 (core dumped) /usr/sbin/prelink -av $PRELINK_OPTS >> /var/log/prelink/prelink.log 2>&1

 I'm unfamiliar with prelink, so I'm not sure what to look for in the logs.
 Grepping out recurring entries like "Could not find one of the dependencies",
 "^Prelinking", "^Linking", "undefined non-weak symbols", "Could not prelink",
 the interesting stuff remaining is

/usr/sbin/prelink: /opt/lgtonmc/bin/libcommonssl2.so is not present in any config file directories, nor was specified on command line
/usr/sbin/prelink: /usr/pgsql-9.1/lib/libpq.so.5.4 is not present in any config file directories, nor was specified on command line
/usr/sbin/prelink: /usr/bin/emacs-23.1: COPY relocations don't point into .bss or .sbss section
/usr/sbin/prelink: /usr/bin/emacs-23.1-nox: COPY relocations don't point into .bss or .sbss section
Prelink failed with return value 134