[CentOS] rpmlib(PayloadIsLzma

Wed Sep 5 18:42:56 UTC 2012
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Tue, September 4, 2012 21:47, Michel Donais wrote:
> I'm too settig up Hylafax and found ajhfc to be more user friendly
> than all
>  the other cited fax frontend in the Hylafax repository.
>
>  Hylafax-Server 6.0.5-1rhel5.i386.rpm
>  Hylafax-Client-6.0.5-1rhel5.i386.rpm
>
>  Centos 5.8
>
>  I downloaded and tried to install but failed
>  yajhfc-0.5.2-1.noarch.rpm
>  yajhfc-faxprinter-0.5.2-1.noarch.rpm
>
>  tried too with yum and the result was the same
>
>  I/m mising a dependency err6r as:
>  [root at serveur 05-installe]# rpm -Uvh yajhfc-0.5*
>  error: Failed dependencies:
>         rpmlib(PayloadIsLzma) <= 4.4.6-1 is needed by
> yajhfc-0.5.2-1.noarch
>
>  On my system
>  rpm is at level 4.4.2.3-28.el5_8
>  rpm froge-release is 0.5.2-2.el5.rf
>  rpm-libs  is at level 4.4.2.3-28.el5_8
>
> I googled out all the afternoon without finding a solution to my
> problem.
> I can't find a place to get rpmlibs(PayloadIsLzma)
>
>  Thank's in advence to care my request
>
>   ---
>  Michel Donais

I seem to recall that Opera packages its rpm version using that
compression system as well.  They have a web page detailing the how-to
get these setup with older versions of rpm here:

http://my.opera.com/ruario/blog/2012/01/17/repacking-opera-rpms-for-use-on-older-distros

As a completely different approach to HylaFax front-ends we use
AvantFax on a dedicated Hylafax host and web-server.  This gives
password protected access to the fax resources, logs all traffic,
automatically converts incoming and outgoing fax transmissions to pdf,
and archives and indexes the contents of every transmission, in and
out.

Canada  L8E 3C3