[CentOS] Fwd: centos email server suddenly much slower. What to do?

Thu Sep 6 18:59:42 UTC 2012
Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <dennisml at conversis.de>

On 09/06/2012 08:56 PM, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Marco Fioretti
> <marco.fioretti at gmail.com> wrote:
>> sorry, didn't realize I had not sent it to the list too.
>>
>> I have ran the command again several times, and now it is much slower,
>> ~30/40 msec
>>

> Innocent, ignorant, curious ramble:
>
> I understand it has something to do with MX records...
>
> Dunno if it will help.. Will setting DNS to 8.8.8.8 help?
>
> or will it require payment to google?
>
> Recently in India, there were issues with DNS.

No that doesn't require payment. Usually you want you DNS to be close to
keep the response time short but with a 2 second response time pretty much
any nameserver in the world will be faster.
So go ahead and use 8.8.8.8 and see if that works better.

Regards,
  Dennis