[CentOS] ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

Fri Sep 14 19:50:12 UTC 2012
M. Fioretti <mfioretti at nexaima.net>

On Fri, September 14, 2012 9:06 pm, Karl Vogel wrote:
>>> On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 17:09:46 +0200 (CEST),
>>> "M. Fioretti" <mfioretti at nexaima.net> said:
>
> M> Yesterday I completed (fingers crossed) the switch to a different ADSL
> M> provider. From the moment I turned on the modem on the new ADSL line, I
> M> became unable to ssh into server A. All attempts abort with this
> M> message:
> M>    ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
>
>    This is in the "grasping at straws" category, but have you tried
>    connecting with a different cipher, like "blowfish" or "3des-cbc"?

I confess I had forgotten that this option existed. However, I just tried
both cyphers and there is no difference. Thanks for the other suggestion,
I'll try that as the server is reachable again.

Marco