[CentOS] where should we go to know how to build Diskless X server running in 6.2?

Sun Sep 16 18:24:00 UTC 2012
SilverTip257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com>

I too would suggest PXE booting the Live CD (I've done it with other
distros) - which brings me to the following questions regarding
CentOS.

RHEL write up [9] - also you might look at the Fedora docs below.

*** To anyone else who may know: ***

I found [0] and [7], but I'm curious if there is _any other method_.

Bits of Fedora discussion [1] [2] [3]
Fedora Docs [8] - basically copy files from a running system
Fedora dracut-network [4]
Amahi netboot [5]
Diskless (MythTV related, but applicable) [6]

I've used an unmodified ISO by loading it into memory via memdisk and
while that works ok it requires plenty of memory for the image.  (But
it does not require any alteration done to the squashfs image.)

I've netbooted live Debian (and variants) off an NFS export (my
reading shows HTTP and FTP are an option too).  I didn't succeed
pulling Fedora or CentOS images from NFS though.

Just curious.
(It would really rock if it was possible to load the squashfs over NFS
or HTTP rather than TFTP.)

[0] https://projects.centos.org/trac/livecd/wiki/PxeBoot
[1] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.livecd/4809
[2] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/livecd/2011-November/006972.html