[CentOS] NFS problem

Wed Sep 19 22:22:13 UTC 2012
Mark LaPierre <marklapier at aol.com>

On 09/19/2012 03:00 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> We've been seeing what I gather is an old, traditional problem:
> kernel: lockd: server<ip address>  not responding, timed out
>
> The things I've found, googling, mostly involve rebooting the NFS server,
> and I can't do that, it's a home directory server for a *bunch* of people,
> and this is only one person's workstation.
>
> Are there other solutions I haven't found yet?
>
>         mark

Have you checked your network connectivity from the problem machine to
the NFS server and back?  If other machines on this NFS server have no
issues then you can eliminate the NIC on the server from suspicion, but
the NIC on the problem machine might be having a problem.  Check your
cable connections while you're at it.

How are you mounting the NFS share?  If you are using AutoFS your mount
may be timing out.  Does the problem machine access the share actively
or does it tend to sit for a while between access attempts?

--
     _
    °v°