[CentOS] placing x11 libraries in an alternate location

Thu Sep 20 22:07:24 UTC 2012

On 09/20/2012 04:47 PM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> Out of curiosity, what features motivated the migration?  I use bcfg2,
> and the idea of using a system that doesn't feature reporting,
> interactive mode, or a "diff" from the running system is... difficult.

you should look at puppet, since it does all of those things and a bunch
more - add in mcollective and theforeman to the mix, and you have quite
a nice provision, manage and maintain environ ( I'd say add zabbix,
while keeping an eye on sensu and extramon, in and you have an almost
complete stack there ). The only bit that I think were still missing in
the open source world is a good inventory management layer that
interfaces upstream and downstream.

- KB
--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax