[CentOS] automatic repartitioning

Fri Sep 21 22:17:49 UTC 2012
SilverTip257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com>

Yes, it can be done.
Kickstart configs are the solution.

Note:  I generally do not have more than one LV or physical partition
that is set to --grow.  But it was out of simplicity and I didn't have
a need.

Given the online documentation, it does look like you can specify more
than one.  But it does appear to only apply to LVM LVs.
Look for the following line in the documentation [0].
logvol / --vgname=myvg --size=1 --name=rootvol --grow --percent=90

I won't get around to testing this until Monday, so if you find
something out before then please share!
I can see this being plenty helpful for a web server kickstart I have
(where /var grows and / is fixed ... might be nice to have them
balance out a bit).

[0] https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Installation_Guide/s1-kickstart2-options.html

Mike
//  SilverTip257  //