[CentOS] Tiff image handling like MODI

Sun Sep 23 18:02:15 UTC 2012
Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>

Greetings,

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 11:16 PM, Nux! <nux at li.nux.ro> wrote:
> Tried GIMP?

Yes, that is the first thing I tried. but too slow for the task at hand.

An average operator is able to process about 1000+ images per shift with MODI.

And I can't automate it with imagemagick+ some bash script as it is
inherently a visual task -- meaning human intervention is required.

I am trying TIFF-->PDF and then PDFShuffler but that does not help me
crop a part (say signature/photo appearing at random location) and
insert it as a new page.

GS gives me reasonable filesize with -r300.  but I somehow not prefer
tiff->pdf->tif route....

Gwenview/gthumb/ and other image handling apps just cant handle
multi-page tiff files.

--
Regards,

Rajagopal