[CentOS] 11TB ext4 filesystem - filesystem alternatives?

Thu Sep 27 18:46:24 UTC 2012
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 09/27/12 11:15 AM, Keith Keller wrote:
> I have also run xfs_repair on a 17TB XFS filesystem on a machine with
> about 4GB of memory.  It ran fine in less than one hour (~30m IIRC; that
> filesystem is on CentOS 6).

with XFS at least (and probably ext4) what counts is how many files are
in the file system more than the absolute size.    if you have 17000 1gb
files, its one thing, if you have 17,000,000,000 1K files, its another
thing entirely.