[CentOS] [Possibly OT] - General question: state of internet traffic

Stephen Harris lists at spuddy.org
Mon Apr 1 22:51:03 UTC 2013

> the last month. Until today, I haven't experienced any. However, getting
> bank record data from chase.com here in NYC seems impossible.

What do you mean by "getting bank record data" ?

Every major US bank is under a constant DoS attack, which sometimes causes
the sites to be slow.  This is unrelated to the little squabble going on
between SpamHaus and CyberBunker, though.

> (I have a machine in LA while being in NYC; ftp traffic is difficult to
> establish westbound; no problem eastbound).

I'm in NJ and able to contact servers in Fremont, Dallas, NYC and
Amsterdam without any issue.  I suspect you have local issues.

--

rgds
Stephen