[CentOS] mock and iaxmodem

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Fri Apr 5 20:18:16 UTC 2013

On Fri, April 5, 2013 15:45, Reindl Harald wrote:

> you can try my SPEC below which builds iaxmodem-packages on
> Fedora since a long time, if this also does not work i suspect
> a bug in mock!

Thank you very much.  I had to make several small changes but with
those in place your spec file works for me on CentOS-6.4.
Libtiff-tools does not exist for CentOS but the requite components are
included with libtiff.  Libtiff needs a BuildRequires: libtiff-devel
added. And as I do not have your Source2: .init file I copy the one
provided in the sources for fedora instead.

Name:              iaxmodem
Version:           1.2.0
Release:           1%{?dist}
Group:             Applications
License:           GPL
BuildRoot:         %{_tmppath}/build-%{name}-%{version}
BuildRequires:     gcc
BuildRequires:     glibc-devel
BuildRequires:     automake
BuildRequires:     autoconf
BuildRequires:     libtiff-devel
Requires:          libtiff

%description
IAXmodem is a software modem written in C that uses an IAX channel
(commonly provided by an Asterisk PBX system) instead of a traditional
phone line and uses a DSP library instead of DSP hardware chipsets.

IAXmodem was originally conceived to function as a fax modem usable
with HylaFAX, and it does that well. However IAXmodem also has been
known to function with mgetty+sendfax and efax.

To accomplish this IAXmodem interfaces an IAX library known as
libiax2 with a DSP library known as spandsp, and then IAXmodem
interfaces the DSP library with a tty device node for interfacing
with modem applications.

%prep
%setup -q

%build
%configure
%{__make} %{?_smp_mflags}

%install
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{_bindir}
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{_mandir}/man1/
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/rc.d/init.d/
install %{name} $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{_bindir}
install %{name}.1 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{_mandir}/man1/
#install %{SOURCE2} $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/rc.d/init.d/%{name}
%{__install} -D -m 755 iaxmodem.init.fedora
%{buildroot}%{_initrddir}/iaxmodem

%clean
rm -rf %{buildroot}

%files
%defattr(644,root,root,755)
%attr(755,root,root) %{_bindir}/*
%attr(754,root,root) /etc/rc.d/init.d/%{name}
%{_mandir}/man1/*
%doc TODO README FAQ CHANGES *.ttyIAX

%changelog
* Fri Apr 05 2013 James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>
- Rebuild for CentOS-6.4

* Thu Feb 03 2011 Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>
- Rebuild for Fedora 14

* Sat Nov 20 2010 Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>
- Rebuild with GCC 4.4.5

* Sat Nov 6 2010 Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>
- Build x86_64 with SSE4-Support

* Wed Sep 22 2010 Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>
- Downgrade to 1.1.1 because 1.2 does not work
- And upgrade again to 1.2.0 because stoopid people call fax per phone

* Sun Sep 19 2010 Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>
- First RPM for Fedora
- Add "libtiff-tools" as Requirement because it provides:
-  * /usr/bin/fax2ps
-  * /usr/bin/fax2tiff
-  * /usr/bin/tiff2pdf
-  * /usr/bin/tiff2ps