[CentOS] floppy drives

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Mon Apr 8 16:38:26 UTC 2013

On 4/8/2013 9:00 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> That was in the context of the 'mtools' programs - which do map the
> devices to dos-like letters but failed in the same way with a problem
> with the underlying device.  But as someone else mentioned, if 2
> drives are plugged in, it may be trying the wrong device.

if I remember correctly, PC floppies require a cable with a twisted bit
in it.  both drives are jumpered for disk1, and the flip makes the end
drive disk0   if you used a straight through ribbon cable and both
drives were jumpered for the default, then they would have collided and
not worked.

its been 10 years since I've hooked one up, so this is from old memories.