[CentOS] Strange Postfix problem

tdukes at palmettoshopper.com

Tue Apr 9 15:58:32 UTC 2013

Hello,

Was trying to setup postfix on my home PC. Running Centos 6.4. I don't
have a static IP and use zoneedit and ddclient to keep my installation
of zoneminder current.

So I decided I wanted to get zoneminder to send me email alerts. Sent
some test messages but none were sent.

I went to webdnstools website thinking maybe there is a dns or network
problem.

When it checks my dns setup, everything is fine except the mail server
is has the wrong IP address. The A record and the www A record have the
correct IP. The IP address its reporting is one that belongs to my ISP.

TIA