[CentOS] RAID 6 - opinions

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Apr 11 20:20:06 UTC 2013

m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
<snip>
> Ok, listening to all of this, I've also been in touch with a tech from the
> vendor*, who had a couple of suggestions: first, two RAID sets with two
> global hot spares.
>
> I've just spoken with my manager, and we're going with that, then one of
> the tech's other suggestions was three volume sets on top of the two RAID
> sets, so we'll have what look like three drives/LUNs of about 13+TB each.
<snip>
Followup comment: I created the two RAID sets, then started to create the
volume sets... and realized I didn't know if it was *possible*, much less
desirable, to have a volume set that spanned two RAID sets. Talked it over
with my manager, and I redid it as three RAID sets, one volume set each.

Maybe the initialization will be done tomorrow.... <g>

     mark