[CentOS] New motherboard - kernel panic

Bowie Bailey

Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Fri Apr 12 21:33:01 UTC 2013

I had to replace the motherboard on one of my CentOS 4 systems and am
now getting a kernel panic.

When I try to boot up, I get this:

       Volume group "VolGroup00" not found
     ERROR: /bin/lvm exited abnormally! (pid 448)
     mount: error 6 mounting ext3
     mount: error 2 mounting none
     switchroot: mount failed: 22
     umount /initrd/dev failed: 2

(I apologize for any typos, I don't have a way to copy/paste from that
screen)

I can boot up with the boot CD, go into rescue mode and browse the
files, so I know the drives are ok.

I found some stuff online saying that I should recreate my initrd from
rescue mode if the motherboard changed.  I tried this, but am still
getting the same results.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

--