[CentOS] trying to recover an audio CD...

Fred Smith

fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Mon Apr 15 00:13:33 UTC 2013

I'm trying to recover data from an audio cd. it is a recording of a live
session, made on a professional cd recorder, on the fly.

apparently, instead of stopping it and fixating the disc, someone turned
off the power. oops.

I know that wodim will fixate a disk as long as it was otherwise properly
terminated (I've done it more than once), but this one it won't fixate.
depending on the drive I try it in, I get different messages, but in
either case, it remains unfixated.

so i've tried reading it with cdparanoia, but it can't do anything with
it, or not that I've figured out how to do.

So, can anyone suggest ways to try to recover this audio data?

thanks!
--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us ----------------------------
                    Do you not know? Have you not heard?