[CentOS] No more support for chrome/chromium on rhel6

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 06:26:11 UTC 2013

Is there any chance CentOS might add Chromium to extras repo? See below.

Post from Hirakendu:
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/chromium-discuss/I_ZFDJqdiyA

-----------
"I have put up some scripts for building current Chromium versions (26
and 27) on EL 6 at

https://github.com/hirakendu/chromium_el_builder

. See the readme for details. Due to the large file size, the current
RPM chromium-26.0.1410.63-192696.x86_64.rpm, built on CentOS 6.4, can
be obtained by downloading the project archive.Please note that this
is only for the time being and I do not intend to actively maintain
it, but I hope it may help others. A couple of patches may be merged
as well.

Aside, thanks to Paweł for maintaining the excellent chromium ebuilds
for Gentoo Linux (which I have been happily using for several years)
that helped clarify some of the build steps, in addition to the
official build instructions at chromium.org."