[CentOS] Asterisk, IAXModem and Hylafax

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Mon Apr 15 16:35:35 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

> Arch = x86_64
> OS = CentOS-6.3 (FreePBX)
> Asterisk = 11.3.0 (FreePBX)
> Hylafax+ = 5.5.3  (epel)

> At the moment I am trying to get Hylafax configured.  I have done
> this
> in the past albeit for systems using external serial modems.  I am at
> the point of running the faxstup utility which builds the necessary
> hylafax configuration files.  I am getting these errors from the
> utility:
>

> Setting Ghostscript font path in /etc/hylafax/hyla.conf.
>

> Warning: /usr/local/lib/ghostscript/fonts does not exist or is not a
> directory!

> These packages are installed:
> Installed Packages
> ghostscript.x86_64      8.70-14.el6_3.1
> @anaconda-CentOS-201207061011.x86_64/6.3
> ghostscript-fonts.noarch
>                         5.50-23.1.el6
> @anaconda-CentOS-201207061011.x86_64/6.3

I've run into this quite often. Typically I just create a symlink to where the font data is, then rerun 'faxsetup'. Ex:

ln -s /usr/share/ghostscript/8.70/lib /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts

Then, all is well.

Also, unrelated, ensure you disabled tokens in your Asterisk IAX config. Otherwise, iaxmodem will not register as it does not support tokens at this time.

--Tim