[CentOS] My linux keeps logging me off when I run Firefox (how to debug)?

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr
Tue Apr 16 07:19:23 UTC 2013

Robert wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 00:30:15 +0000 (UTC)
> Rock <RockSockDoc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So, you suggest I install the Nvidia drivers directly from Nvidia
>> and not the Nvidia drivers from the El Repo repository?
>>
>> Note: I'm not sure I know how to do that.
>
> I too would suggest that you install the Nvidia drivers from the Nvidia site.

I would definitely advise you *not* to do that.
As someone pointed out in this thread, the nvidia-provided driver can
mess with some system libs. The elrepo-provided one does not, and if it
did you'ld know about it as rpm would detect a conflict.
Having the driver in an rpm is a huge plus.
ah, I see in a later email you went the elrepo way, well done!

Note that there are now 4 branches of the nvidia driver (3 legacy +
latest), each supporting different devices. To know which branch you
need, simply install nvidia-detect from elrepo and run it.
http://elrepo.org/tiki/nvidia-detect