[CentOS] Supermicro & Boot Failures with DVD Centos 6.2

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Sun Apr 21 14:49:11 UTC 2013

On 04/20/13 20:33, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> Gregory P. Ennis wrote:

>>> <snip>
<snip>

-----------------------
> Nicolas,
>
> We have tried with 6.3 using a DVD that failed, and 6.3 is what
> worked with the usb stick.   I will be downloading 6.4 this weekend
> and should be able to try 6.4 next.

Ok. Let me start by saying we have some honkin' hot servers (48 & 64
cores), and they'd had *some* problems, but when we went from 5.x to
6.x, we started seeing more problems... as in a userspace,
computation-*very*-intense multithreaded program able to crash the whole
box, and send it back to the OEM (Penguin), and they decide to replace
the m/b.

Given that, I'm suspecting you've got a similar problem. Why on install,
I don't know, but I'm wondering about the board.

	mark