[CentOS] [centos-6.3-desktop] Unable to login

Mayur Patil ram.nath241089 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 18:40:29 UTC 2013

Hello,

  My X windows system is not working

  So, Mark sir has recommended following steps that what I understand:

    1 Press ctrl+alt+f2

    2. Then run these commands

         yum groupinstall basic-desktop desktop-platform

    >> install installs video drivers; if you add a desktop install, it will
    >> install its best guess at drivers - they're already there. Unless
you've
    >> got multiple monitors, in which case you may well have trouble, then
the
    >> gui should just work.

     3. After that  I should perform

       yum -y update

    4. Then I should run command for snorts.

     If anyone finds any lacunae please guide

    Thanks !!

*-- *
*Cheers,
Mayur*.