[CentOS] r-x and r-x.

Johan Vermeulen jvermeulen at cawdekempen.be
Thu Apr 25 08:54:24 UTC 2013

Op 24-04-13 22:53, m.roth at 5-cent.us schreef:
> John R. Dennison wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 03:06:11PM -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>>> Disabling SELinux is not going to fix your problem.  Since the field is
>>> just showing you that you have extended attibutes assigned to yr files.
>>>
>>> Why not just script around it.
>>>
>>> ls -l | sed 's/\. / /g'
>>>
>>> Would replace all ". " from your output.
>> Because that would be too easy and people absolutely love to shoot
>> themselves in the face by disabling selinux.  Because it is, as we all
>> know, ridiculously hard to manage.
> Don't get me started. I'm fighting it regularly. For example,
> SELinux is preventing /usr/bin/perl from getattr access on the file
> /sys/devices/system/node/node0/meminfo. For complete SELinux messages.
>
> And yes, I did post a few things to the selinux list....
>
>          mark

Dear All,

thanks again for the reactions.

This is the NetworkManager script I'm trying to use:

#!/bin/sh

export LC_ALL=C

if [ "$2" = "down" ]; then
         exit0
fi

if [ "$2" = "up" ]; then
         #LAN Subnet at work
         NETMASK="192.168.66.128/25"
                 if [ -n "`/sbin/ip addr show $IF to $NETMASK`" ]; then

         rsync -azvp /home/james/ 192.168.66.129:/home/jvermeulen

         fi
fi

as far as I can test this at the moment, it works without Selinux and
doesn't work with Selinux enabled.

I also want Selinux enabled.
So I will do some searching on how to make it work with Selinux.

Greetings, J.