[CentOS] DIMM problem

John Doe jdmls at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 25 09:01:29 UTC 2013

From: "m.roth at 5-cent.us" <m.roth at 5-cent.us>
> Good idea, though, and I just installed OpenIPMI and ipmitool... and the
> only thing that ipmitool sel list shows is a power supply failure
> yesterday. I did go into the datacenter and look at it, and it's got this
> cute pull-out little display... and it's not showing any of the DIMMs as
> failing, which goes with the results of
> cat /sys/devices/system/edac/mc/mc0/csrow*/*count *all* giving me zero,
> though /sys/devices/system/edac/mc/mc0/ce_count shows 20260 and rising.

Install the hp-health tools, and use hplog to get more info
Might need to install compat-libstdc++, and
temporarily put back the default '/etc/redhat-release'
And, if you do not have them already, there is:
  hpdiags, hpacucli, hpadu, hponcfg
For your DIMM problem, you could try the hp-health www interface (I never use that, but I think there are some tests options there) or I would just boot on
SmartStart and do a ram check.

JD