[CentOS] Getting confirmation for power button

Vanhorn, Mike michael.vanhorn at wright.edu
Thu Apr 25 14:49:39 UTC 2013

On 4/25/13 10:38 AM, "John Doe" <jdmls at yahoo.com> wrote:

>On CentOS 5: /etc/acpi/events/power.conf

Sorry, I meant "power.conf" in my original post, not "power.sh".

>Do you use gnome?
>If so, in 'System / Preferences / ... / Power Managment', in the
>'General' tab,

Yes, and that works fine, *if* the user is logged in. But what about when
the workstation is sitting there at the login window? At that point, when
the action from power.conf is taken, there is no power manager, so it does
the shutdown.

I'm wanting to get a prompt in that situation, too.

---
Mike VanHorn
Senior Computer Systems Administrator
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Wright State University
265 Russ Engineering Center
937-775-5157
michael.vanhorn at wright.edu